Wednesday, May 15, 2013

# 25 - Teacher's Appreciation Day.


Teacher's Appreciation Day. I still look forward to May 16th. A few years back, during my schooling years, the first week of May is filled with chitter chatter on what to get our beloved teachers. Every year, without fail I will write down a pretty long list of teachers I admire and putting the limited budget I have to good use.
I will spend a little extra from my pocket money for something more unique in Living Cabins. Then, a day before , I scrambled around to find wrapping paper (thank God I have my sister!) and scribbled in tiny words their awesome names. The look on the teacher’s face when you hand them the gifts and the way their face lights up when you wish them Happy Teacher’s Day, it is an incredible feeling you just can’t put into words.
Cluster School,Terengganu, 2012

There will be performances and competitions in that small hall. They act, they sing, and they dance. The moment you see Mr Strict-Sour-Face that you have an aversion to, dancing stiffly or singing off-pitch, that’s the funniest bit where you end up giggling like baboons with your group of friends. Ahhhh… those were the days. Let Allah repay for all the good deed for you, dear teachers. Other than that, a simple thank you is more than enough.
Be that as it may, I want to wish all the teachers and lecturers alike my Mak, late Abah and sibling who teach me a never ending lesson regarding life. My kindergarten teachers who taught me ABC, my elementary school teachers who taught me the multiplication times table, the high school teacher who spent sleepless nights marking our homework as well as my college lecturers who showed me the real world a Happy Teacher’s Day.

The Typewriter,
-Anis-

No comments:

Post a Comment